In between playing with ricocheting sequins and vintage patterns, I decided to make (finally) a pair of Morgan Boyfriend Jeans. I bought the pattern earlier this year and got the non-stretch denim from Croft Mill Fabrics at the same time. It’s one of the few pieces of fabric I have bought this year, and I’m chuffed that it’s been used! No stash building here.
I started the project back in April with very careful measuring! The instructions are pretty clear that as the fabric will be stiff and has no give, that you might have to go up a size. Added to that, it’s supposed to be snug on the hip and if you happen to be between sizes, the advice is to pick the bigger size. So I really wanted it to be right! Being so used to my Birkin Flares with their fabulous stretch and fit, I was wary of jeans that wouldn’t have that give!