This week I’m showing you my attempt at making a real bathing suit top. I say real because it’s more like a bra and there is a lot of work that goes into fitting this thing. That said, I still didn’t get the fitting portion perefect. This is the Sophie Swimsuit by Closet Case Patterns. I made view B, which is the 2 piece but I only made the top. I debated on making the bottoms but honestly, high waist swimsuits like this just make my hips look even bigger and my boobs smaller.

I made two muslins and two “final” products. At the time my measurements were: underbust 31″ and bust 36″. You subtract the numbers to get your cup size, mine was 5 and according to the measurements my band would be a size 8. I started out by making a muslin in cup 5, band 8 and it was too large. I then made a muslin in a cup 4, band 6 and the... [read more]